The Alliance welcomes college students to learn about non profit administration, community outreach, social media and office administration.
Stretching from 2nd to 5th and Market to Harrison Streets, the Yerba Buena neighborhood is one of San Francisco’s most dynamic communities, with a concentration of cultural institutions, cutting edge retail, top notch hotels, urban green space, world class convention facilities, fine dining, and residents of all income levels.
The Yerba Buena Alliance believes stable and vibrant businesses, beautiful and accessible public spaces, mutually-beneficial and lasting relationships, and an engaged community are key to ensuring a high quality of life in San Francisco and the Yerba Buena neighborhood.
The Yerba Buena Alliance supports the Yerba Buena neighborhood by strengthening partnerships, providing critical neighborhood-wide leadership and infrastructure, serving as an information source and forum for the area’s diverse residents, businesses, and visitors, and promoting the area as a destination.
We are seeking an intern to help our very small staff with all the duties of running a non-profit membership organization. On a day-to-day basis, our main goal is to build community in our neighborhood. As such, intern tasks will include:
- Maintaining and enhancing databases and spreadsheets
- Assisting with our online presence, social media and online marketing
- Use various mediums of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
- Creating press releases and submitting Alliance events to oline calendars
- Website updates and maintenance
- Emailing updates to our members and creating email newsletters
- Assisting with planning and managing other community events, including Gallery Walks, Cultural Cabinet, Neighborhood Meetings, and more
- Outreach to members and potential members
Experience with web maintenance is a plus. This is a great opportunity for anyone seeking experience with public or nonprofit administration, and definitely a hands-on way to get involved with the heavy-hitters who make downtown San Francisco what it is today. Amazing networking opportunities, and a chance to be a part of a friendly and exciting community in the urban center!
We are seeking assistance for approximately 8-20 hours a week, with some flexibility.
This is an unpaid internship.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume indicating why you would be interested in the Yerba Buena Alliance and how it relates to your course of study or career goals email@example.com.
Volunteer With the Alliance
Volunteer opportunities are available at the Yerba Buena Alliance. Opportunities include:
- Neighborhood meetings
- Art Walk
- Third Thursdays
Contact for more information!