Join us for the February neighborhood meeting for the stakeholders of the Yerba Buena Gardens at one of the neighborhood’s long standing art and culture venues, 111 Minna. Thank you to gallery director Michelle Delaney for hosting this meeting.
This meeting will be on general schedule for the first Thursday of the month. Join us Thursday, February 7th from 8:45 to 10 am for an informative look at what is going on in the neighborhood.
- About 111 Minna Gallery
- About the 2019 How Weird Street Faire
- Topic 3 to be announced
- Hear from you, the Yerba Buena neighborhood
Refreshments generously provided by 111 Minna. All are welcome. This meeting is a benefit of membership to the Alliance. Be sure to support the Alliance by renewing or joining as a member here.
Yerba Buena 3rd Thursdays
Experience the art and culture of the Yerba Buena neighborhood for free or discounted entry.
Join us Thursday, February 21st from 5:00-8:00 pm
Join our new Facebook page
Stay tuned for more information for our super duper Third Thursday, March 21st with SFMOMA called Culture for Community, see more on our new website www.yb3tsf.org
Participating Cultural Organizations 5:00-8:00 pm
- California Historical Society see more here
- The Museum of the African Diaspora, see here
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum discounted $5 entry, see more here
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts see more here
Join the Yerba Buena community as they come together to celebrate Women’s History Month and find ways to partner with the Yerba Buena 3rd Thursday program. Experience all of these locations for free including the SFMOMA!
The organizations comprising Culture for Community range in size, mission, and scope, and involve visual arts organizations, cultural entities, and community focused groups, including:
- 111 Minna, https://111minnagallery.com/events/
- California Historical Society, https://www.californiahistoricalsociety.org/
- Children’s Creativity Museum, https://creativity.org/calendar/celebrating-womens-history-month/1553187600/
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum (CJM), https://thecjm.me/2TEgwXg
- Crown Point Press,
- Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD), https://www.moadsf.org/
- SFMOMA, https://www.sfmoma.org/CFC
- SOMArts, https://www.somarts.org/
- SPUR, https://www.spur.org/events/2019-03-21/incorporating-inclusivity-design
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), https://www.ybca.org/whats-on
- Yerba Buena Alliance, https://yerbabuena.org/third-thursday/
- Yerba Buena Gardens Festival, https://ybgfestival.org/events/
The Yerba Buena community includes some of the top restaurants in the City, and some are participating in Culture for Community with special offers on March 31 to individuals attending institutions on the list above. Participating restaurants include:
Thirsty Bear, 10% discount on entire bill (including food and drink)
661 Howard Street
Pizzeria Delfina on Mission Street, free dessert with meal.
662 Mission Street
Happy hour pricing and special Novela punch
111 Minna Street, San Francisco
The community can also access Culture for Community’s website to obtain program and logistical information for each venue and a digital map.
Follow our new Facebook Page
Join us for an informative look at what is going on in the Yerba Buena neighborhood. All stakeholders are welcome.
- About the YBCA programs and events
- Yerba Buena Conservancy update with Scott Rowitz
- Meet our new District 6 Supervisor Matt Haney
- Hear from you, the Yerba Buena neighborhood
Refreshments are generously provided by the host, the YBCA. All are welcome. Here is the April newsletter in case you missed it.
The June 6th neighborhood meeting is being hosted by The American Bookbinders Museum.
Thursday, June 6, 2019
8:45 to 10 am
Generously hosted by the American Bookbinders Museum, 355 Clemintina Street
Enter off 5th Street between Howard and Folsom
- About the American Bookbinders Museum programs and events
- About Clean Power SF
- About the Yerba Buena Art Walk and Yerba Buena 3rd Thursday
- More agenda topics TBA, check back for updates
- Hear from the Yerba Buena neighborhood
Save the date for the 2nd Thursday in July, for July 11th and the Yerba Buena neighborhood meeting.
This meeting will be hosted by Yelp at 140 New Montgomery Street. Due to security, you have to register here.
Due to the 4th of July holiday the Alliance moved the date of the meeting to the 2nd Thursday, thank you!
Agenda to be updated soon, check back for more info.
The August 1st meeting will be hosted by City College of San Francisco’s downtown campus at 44 Fourth Street from 8:45 to 10 am.
Join us for the Yerba Buena Neighborhood meeting. Meeting is moved back to the first Thursday of the month, our standard time from 8:45 to 10:00 am.
Get to know the stakeholders of the neighborhood and get involved in what is going on.
- About the host St. Regis Hotel San Francisco
- About Recology programs and how to “green” Yerba Buena
- Yerba Buena Alliance’s 28th anniversary November 12th
- Community Safety update with the SFPD
- Trolly Dances 2019
- Hear from you, the neighborhood.
Refreshments provided. All are welcome. See here for the Alliance October newsletter.
Join us for the first meeting of 2020 on the 2nd Thursday of the Month!
Due to the NYE holiday we are joining one another for a 2020 preview on Thursday, January 9, 2020
Join us at SPUR Urban Center
- About SPUR
- About the Yerba Buena Gardens Conservancy update
- 2020 preview with John Elberling, president of TODCO
- Hear from you, the neighborhood
Light refreshments are provided. All are welcome
May Neighborhood Meeting will be Thursday, May 7th at 10 am via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 854 4878 8931
We are meeting online via Zoom every Thursday at 10 am and have moved the meetings to weekly instead of monthly.
The next meeting will be Thursday, May 14th at 10 am.