Join us for an engaged and informed look with Supervisor Matt Haney of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors for District 6.
The Alliance appreciates YBCA for our ongoing February neighborhood meeting with our neighborhood supervisor.
Get to know what Matt is doing and focusing on for 2020 and find out what your neighborhood is thinking. All are welcome.
See on Facebook
Nine Cultural Organizations in the Yerba Buena partner for Culture for Community
See more here.
111 Minna Gallery
111 Minna Street
Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
Open free from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm with special evening programming
SF Travel Visitor Center
749 Howard Street, info center on what is going on
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
SF Camera Work
1011 Market Street, 2nd Floor
11:00 am to 6:00 PM
Culture for Community Free Day on February 20 Celebrates Black History Month
This year’s first Culture for Community gathering on February 20 focuses on the theme of Black History Month. A unique partnership of Yerba Buena neighborhood arts and cultural organizations, Culture for Community presents thematic Free Days. The Culture for Community collaboration showcases the Yerba Buena arts district as one of the city’s premiere destinations and increases accessibility to the neighborhood’s rich cultural offerings. Each Free Day focuses on a theme that resonates with the unique perspectives of the Bay Area community. On February 20, participating organizations will present exhibitions and programming that focuses on the importance of African American art, culture, history, and community. It offers a full day of museum and gallery hopping in the Yerba Buena neighborhood, with each Culture for Community partner hosting special events and activities and open for free throughout the day.
Select offerings are listed below:
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum and Night at the Jewseum celebrate Black History Month with a curator swap, featuring MoAD curator Elizabeth Gessel discussing the history of the Berkeley Tigers, a Levi’s®-clad, East Bay African American motorcycle club; Bartertown gameplay with Urban Works Agency; and the Nathan Clevenger Quartet performing a tribute to the poet and musician David Berkman.
- MoAD celebrates the importance of living history with an evening of spoken word and playback theater by amazing poets from throughout the Bay Area and in partnership with the Neighborly Project; featured artists will include shah noor and Ryanaustin Dennis.
- SF Camerawork presents the exhibition Jamil Hellu: Together, a survey of works by Jamil Hellu, who, for the last decade, has developed a distinct visual vocabulary addressing the intersections of cultural lineages and queerness.
- SFMOMA presents a day of exhibitions and events, from vibrant, moving portraits by photographer Dawoud Bey, to screenings of films by Nicole Miller and Rashaad Newsome, to hourly gallery tours — plus a family story time hosted by the San Francisco Public Library. Celebrate Black History Month, relax in the airy galleries or take in the largest Living Wall in the U.S.
For more information and to see the full list of participating organizations, please visit
Join us for the April 2020 neighborhood meeting.
Generously hosted by the Yerba Buena Bowling Center
Best way to find it is enter at 4th and Howard near the Children’s Creativity Museum and walk up the pathway up the stairs to the back end of the Yerba Buena Gardens.
- About the Yerba Buena Bowling & Skating Center programs and events
- About the Yerba Buena Alliance changes to an every other month format for neighborhood meetings
- Major events happening in the neighborhood including How Weird Street Faire Sunday May 3rd and the Bay to Breakers Race
- Major event cancellations happening at Moscone in March due to the Corona Virus
- One more topic, TBA
- Hear from you, the neighborhood.
All neighborhood stakeholders are welcome. Neighborhood meetings are a benefit of membership and are meant to engage and inform the community.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
May Neighborhood Meeting will be Thursday, May 7th at 10 am via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 854 4878 8931
We are meeting online via Zoom every Thursday at 10 am and have moved the meetings to weekly instead of monthly.
The next meeting will be Thursday, May 14th at 10 am.
Meeting ID: 851 7439 8558
Stakeholders have been meeting weekly on Thursday at 10 am to talk about the impacts of the COVID19 crisis and what to do about it and how to manage it.
We have been learning a fabulous amount of information from eachother and also leaders at City Hall. Join us every week to get engaged and informed about what is going on.
We will try to take a look at the recent protest movement and understand how as a neighborhood we can be an advocate for the BLM movement.
Yerba Buena stakeholders have been meeting weekly on Zoom on Thursdays at 10 am to engage and inform each other about the current conditions
which are changing rapidly from week to week and how we can move towards a new normal, recover from the crisis of COVID19 and understand
how each stakeholder is moving forward. Join us online and don’t miss the discussion!
Meeting ID: 838 9558 3800
We will take the first week of July off for the 4th of July holiday and reconvene all stakeholders for an update on Thursday, July 9th.
Stakeholders have been meeting weekly at 10:00 am to learn about the effects of the COVID crisis and how to recover.
Guest speaker TBA, we will hopefully have a focus on museums opening and how they will operate once they do.
Meeting ID: 869 3570 2210 Password: 422129