Yerba Buena 3rd Thursdays
Experience the art and culture of the Yerba Buena neighborhood for free or discounted entry.
Join us Thursday, February 21st from 5:00-8:00 pm
Join our new Facebook page
Stay tuned for more information for our super duper Third Thursday, March 21st with SFMOMA called Culture for Community, see more on our new website www.yb3tsf.org
Participating Cultural Organizations 5:00-8:00 pm
- California Historical Society see more here
- The Museum of the African Diaspora, see here
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum discounted $5 entry, see more here
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts see more here
Join the Yerba Buena community as they come together to celebrate Women’s History Month and find ways to partner with the Yerba Buena 3rd Thursday program. Experience all of these locations for free including the SFMOMA!
The organizations comprising Culture for Community range in size, mission, and scope, and involve visual arts organizations, cultural entities, and community focused groups, including:
- 111 Minna, https://111minnagallery.com/events/
- California Historical Society, https://www.californiahistoricalsociety.org/
- Children’s Creativity Museum, https://creativity.org/calendar/celebrating-womens-history-month/1553187600/
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum (CJM), https://thecjm.me/2TEgwXg
- Crown Point Press,
- Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD), https://www.moadsf.org/
- SFMOMA, https://www.sfmoma.org/CFC
- SOMArts, https://www.somarts.org/
- SPUR, https://www.spur.org/events/2019-03-21/incorporating-inclusivity-design
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), https://www.ybca.org/whats-on
- Yerba Buena Alliance, https://yerbabuena.org/third-thursday/
- Yerba Buena Gardens Festival, https://ybgfestival.org/events/
The Yerba Buena community includes some of the top restaurants in the City, and some are participating in Culture for Community with special offers on March 31 to individuals attending institutions on the list above. Participating restaurants include:
Thirsty Bear, 10% discount on entire bill (including food and drink)
661 Howard Street
Pizzeria Delfina on Mission Street, free dessert with meal.
662 Mission Street
Happy hour pricing and special Novela punch
111 Minna Street, San Francisco
The community can also access Culture for Community’s website to obtain program and logistical information for each venue and a digital map.
Follow our new Facebook Page
Meeting ID: 851 7439 8558
Stakeholders have been meeting weekly on Thursday at 10 am to talk about the impacts of the COVID19 crisis and what to do about it and how to manage it.
We have been learning a fabulous amount of information from eachother and also leaders at City Hall. Join us every week to get engaged and informed about what is going on.
We will try to take a look at the recent protest movement and understand how as a neighborhood we can be an advocate for the BLM movement.
Yerba Buena stakeholders have been meeting weekly on Zoom on Thursdays at 10 am to engage and inform each other about the current conditions
which are changing rapidly from week to week and how we can move towards a new normal, recover from the crisis of COVID19 and understand
how each stakeholder is moving forward. Join us online and don’t miss the discussion!
Meeting ID: 838 9558 3800
We will take the first week of July off for the 4th of July holiday and reconvene all stakeholders for an update on Thursday, July 9th.
Stakeholders have been meeting weekly at 10:00 am to learn about the effects of the COVID crisis and how to recover.
Guest speaker TBA, we will hopefully have a focus on museums opening and how they will operate once they do.
Meeting ID: 869 3570 2210 Password: 422129