The Yerba Buena Alliance believes stable and vibrant businesses, beautiful and accessible public spaces, mutually-beneficial and lasting relationships, and an engaged community are key to ensuring a high quality of life in San Francisco and the Yerba Buena Neighborhood.
The Alliance supports the Yerba Buena Neighborhood by strengthening partnerships, providing critical neighborhood-wide leadership and infrastructure, serving as an information source and forum for the area’s diverse residents, businesses, and visitors, and promoting the area as a destination.
All members in good standing are eligible for the following benefits:
Advocacy and Representation
The Yerba Buena Alliance regularly interacts with government, business, and civic leaders; Alliance members and the issues they care about are well-represented in these meetings.
Representation by Yerba Buena Alliance with Key Policy Makers on Issues of Neighborhood Importance. Ensure the Alliance advocates for your operation or constituents in every available venue (City government, SFCVB, funders, etc).
Information and Networking
You can’t find our concentration of cultural institutions, cutting edge retail, top-notch hotels, urban green space, world-class convention facilities, and residents of all income levels anywhere else. Ensure you know what’s happening in the Yerba Buena Neighborhood.
- – Information about Issues and Events Impacting the Yerba Buena Neighborhood. Learn about key issues like bridge or road closures and conventions or other large events through Membership Meetings.
- – Invitation to Yerba Buena Alliance Membership Events. Attend monthly community meetings or new quarterly events focusing on issue areas specific to the operators in the Neighborhood to network, share best practices, and strengthen local partnerships.
Marketing and Publicity
Each year 15.7 million visitors spend $7.3 billion in San Francisco. Take advantage of the Alliance’s marketing and publicity efforts to attract new business.
- – Featured Member on Yerba Buena Alliance Web Site. Identify your organization as the Featured Member on the Alliance’s home page and through a longer overview in the Membership section of the site for an entire month (cost $50).
- – Event Inclusion on Yerba Buena Alliance Web Site Community Calendar. Highlight your event(s) – openings, fundraisers, special events – on the Alliance’s home page and in the Neighborhood Calendar.
- Listing with Link on Yerba Buena Alliance Web Site Member and Visiting Yerba Buena Pages. Highlight your membership and organization Web site throughout the Alliance’s Web site. Ensure that visitors to the neighborhood find your business.
- – Access to Yerba Buena Alliance Membership List through Electronic Newsletter. Share new services, special events or programs, or other organization updates with almost 1,000 individuals living, working, or interested in the Yerba Buena Neighborhood.
- – Inclusion on Yerba Buena Alliance Neighborhood Map and Guide (Print and Web Site). Identify your location and list important information about your operation (hours, services, programs) on a map (print and Web) and guide distributed to residents and visitors.
- – Inclusion in Yerba Buena Alliance Neighborhood Marketing Activities and Collateral Pieces. Improve customer recognition of your business and help identify the Yerba Buena Neighborhood as one of San Francisco’s best.